Terms and Conditions
• By completing a form at mlt.org.nz you are agreeing to all Māori Literature Trust terms and conditions and information on this page.
• The Māori Literature Trust reserve the right to change any information on mlt.org.nz website at any time.
TE PAPA TUPU
These conditions and guidelines apply to Te Papa Tupu.
1. Applicants must be of New Zealand Māori descent and living in Aotearoa New Zealand.
2. Manuscripts must be original, your own work, not previously published or under contract.
3. Manuscripts may be written in te reo Māori or English and cover any written genre.
4. All entries must be submitted online at mlt.org.nz.
5. Entries must be saved as a PDF or word document and formatted with with double-spacing, page numbers with your name and the title of the work on each page.
6. Writers must be able to commit to six months’ participation in Te Papa Tupu and this will require:
a. Attendance to three workshops in 2021. Dates and locations to be confirmed by 31 December 2021.
b. Attendance to the Auckland Writers’ festival in May 2021.
c. Completion of work to a schedule as agreed with the mentor.
d. Completion of a monthly blog post to be published on mlt.org.nz.
7. The closing date for applications is 20 September 2020. Entries received after this date will not be eligible. The selected applicants will be notified by 31 October 2020.
8. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The Māori Literature Trust and Huia Publishers reserve the right to publish names and photographs of the chosen writers for promotional purposes.
11. Previous Te Papa Tupu writers are not eligible to enter.
12. Employees of The Māori Literature Trust, Huia Publishers and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Completion of the application is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We believe in protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
• contact information,
• interactions with the Māori Literature Trust.
We collect your personal information in order to contact you about information related to our programmes and services.
Besides Māori Literature Trust staff, we share this information with:
• HUIA NZ Ltd in order to take actions connected to the purpose of collection.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to provide valid and up to date personal data, we’ll be unable to contact you for the purpose of collection.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 044739262, or PO Box 12280, Thorndon, Wellington 6011.